Monday, May 3, 2010

Pikachu Illustrator

Finally the rarest Pokemon card of all time has arrived!!!! The Pikachu Illustrator.


This card, know as "the Illustrator" or the "Pikachu Illustrator" because of its picture with Pikachu holding a paintbrush,  was given out to the winner of a special drawing contest in Japan, back in 1997. The contest ran 3 times during 1997. Although nobody knows for sure how many of these cards were actually produced, the most accurate estimate seems to be 6 cards made. The card says "Illustrator" instead of "Trainer" on the top of the card. It shows Pikachu holding a paintbrush and has two stars at the bottom of the card indicating its rarity. It also has a paintbrush logo on the bottom of the card instead of a series mark. This card is by far the most highly prized promo card of all time. It was only made in Japanese and most collectors would die to have it. I have actually only seen 2 of these in my 12 years of selling Pokemon cards. A once in a lifetime find.

I also have many more ultra rare Pokemon cards available. I also got several new plush toys, stickers, rare 1997 Bandai cards, and much more available.

10 comments:

  1. How did you manage to come across this card?
    How did you manage to own this card, was it given to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have one of these

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 1 of the 6 cards :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never seen these card yet. This would be a great source on how to draw Picachu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won the USA Create-A-Snorlax contest... and all I got for a prize was my original artwork framed and returned to me. I've been offered $6k for it, but I'd still prefer to own a $20k Illustrator Pikachu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 4 of them
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. THEY ARE NOT RARE!! I HAVE 28 OF THEM

    ReplyDelete
  8. ME WANT THAT CARD GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete